Thursday, January 13, 2011

Inception.

Well, I've finally seen it. It was good. I won't lie. Quite good actually. But it bothered me. Despite the fact that Joseph Gordon Levitt in it. There wasn't enough character development and I didn't really find myself caring about the outcome of the movie. What really got me was Cobb (Leo D.) and his wife. I don't know what it is with Leo lately, but it's like every woman he decides to marry becomes mentally unstable. I guess the side/underlying plot of him and his wife reminded me too much of Shutter Island. (Yet another movie I thought was good but still found disappointing.) Both women become completely off their rockers and he has to confront his subconscious that continues to create shadows of the women they were before their crazy lives were inevitably ended.



Blah, no more complaining! For the good, I loved the cinematography and colors. and the concept itself is brilliant. The ending left a bad taste in my mouth but that could be because I was annoyed with the main character in the first hour. The movie itself is just... beautiful, really. I think I would have liked it to be quite shorter and my perception could be biased because of my stressful day. and the cast list!! it's fabulous! my eyes started tearing up from the beauty of all the fabulous people to be found in that movie. I mean, Joseph Gordon Levitt, Ellen Page, and Cillian Murphy in one movie? AWESOME.

I'll have to rewatch it when I'm not so insane. Like Leo's wife. Both of them, actually.

No comments:

Post a Comment